Sarah King is our school Pastoral Support Worker and she is available to help with parenting and other family issues for which you may require support. She is available on the playground most mornings and afternoons if you need to speak to her.
Phone: 07716 643783/0118 937 5473 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for the recent bereavement workshop for parents. There are also some helpful documents for you to download and look at.
Kooth - Online Counselling Service
Berkshire West CCG has commissioned the online counselling service Kooth, to support young people aged 11 – 18 years (up to 19th birthday).
Kooth is an integral component of Berkshire West’s mental health provision offering digital counselling and emotional well-being service for young people and young adults.
Kooth provides a safe, secure means of accessing help via the internet. By accessing young people can benefit from:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- Online Magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
- No referral is required. Young people can register for Kooth independently at www.kooth.com
To use the service or find out more visit www.kooth.com
Information can also be found here.
School Nursing Team - Support line for parents
Berkshire Healthcare is launching a new School Nursing advice and support line for children, young people and their families, to offer health advice and referral into the service for on-going support if needed. The line will be available from 9.00am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
You can access this service by dialing 0118 9312111 and selecting ‘Option 4’ to speak to a School Nurse from our team.
Please press the button below for information on courses for Parenting Special Children.
One Reading Support Hub is still available for anyone needing support with shopping or collecting medication-
Fill in their online coronavirus support form, call 0808 1894325 (freephone) from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 1pm on Saturday and Sunday, or you can send a text to 07754 361592.
Family Information Services can be contacted on 0118 9373777 for details of community activities and support groups for all.
The new Whitley Library is now open.
252 Northumberland Avenue, Reading RG2 7QA 0118 9015115
Monday, Wednesday and Sunday – closed
Tuesday – 9am-12pm and 1pm-7pm
Thursday – 9am-12pm and 1pm to 4pm
Saturday – 10am-1pm
Books – fiction and non-fiction
Books in Urdu
CDs, Cassettes and DVDs
Selection of magazines
Study space and photocopier
Free internet access and Wi-Fi.
Please pop along and explore this new library with your children.